Hi I’m Callie, and welcome to my blog. As you see from the title I’m going to be talking about the digestive system. I chose to write about the digestive system because I think it’s really cool how food is digested and how it all happens.
So first let’s talk about the organs of the digestive system.
- The Mouth
- The Esophagus
- The Stomach
- The Small intestine
- The Large intestine
- The Anus
What does each organ do you ask? Lets talk about that.
- The Mouth – The mouth chews up the food and makes it softer and smaller.
- The Esophagus – The esophagus is a long pipe that connects your mouth and stomach together. so what it does is bring the chewed up food to the stomach
- The Stomach – The stomach is a pear shaped organ that has enzymes that break down the food more
- The Small Intestine – The small intestine is where most of the digestion happens it has more enzymes that break it down even more
- The Large Intestine – The large intestine takes all the undigested food and takes all the excess water and salt out of it
- The Anus – The anus is where all the waste (also called poop) goes out of
Here is a picture of the digestive system